Saturday, January 23, 2010

Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings- a question for double bassists!?

Does anyone know where I may be able to get a free or cheap copy of Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings? I really like this piece and want to learn it!Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings- a question for double bassists!?
If you live in or near a major city, their library should have it in their collection.





You'll enjoy studying it. Though it sounds ';airy,'; there is actually a lot of dense interior texturing going on.





Oh, and a heads up for you -- the bass part is tacet in large chunks of the piece.Samuel Barber's Adagio For Strings- a question for double bassists!?
You can get it at Amazon.com, I don't know the price though. This is a piece that's in my top five classical pieces, I play classical guitar, and love to play this piece. Have you ever heard Liona Boyd the classical guitarist play this, mind blowing !!!!!!!
You can purchase the score from Amazon.com for $9.95.
http://members.tripod.com/~ebbisham/barb鈥?/a>





My favorite piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment