Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do you like Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?

I just wanted to see how many other people are obsessed...Do you like Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?
Obsessed with the musical (it's an absolute masterpiece) but not so fond of the film. Too much of Sondheim's wonderful score was cut out, and while the cinematography was absolutely stunning, I just felt that they could have been more faithful to the original musical.Do you like Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?
Do you mean the play or the movie? I saw the movie and really liked it, though I wasn't familiar with the play beforehand. I thought Johnny Depp and Alan Rickman both did amazing jobs with their roles, since that was a departure from their usual type of roles. I would not say I was obsessed.
Maybe not obsessed but i did enjoy it. I can't exactly say that I am one for blood and gore (though the blood looked like dyed water), but the story is great. I felt really sorry for him when he found out that he had killed his own wife.Very sad.
Who could possibly love such an evil character?
I do I love him! I feel so bad for him though! Imagine how wretched he must feel killing his wife and nearly killing his daughter!
I really love his charachter. I've always been into the tortured soul thing though...
love it so much! the ending is just painful..so sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment